Department Chair - Federico
Professors - Reed, Stadler
Associate Professor - Federico
Assistant Professor - Federico, Feng
The mission of the computer science degree program is to prepare students for careers in software development and related fields or for graduate level study by developing their problem solving skills through the study of the fundamental areas of computer science.
- Students will be able to analyze a problem and implement an algorithm in a computer programming language to solve the problem.
- Students will be able to analyze the efficiency of algorithmic solutions to problems and discuss potential improvements and trade-offs of different algorithms and data structures.
- Students will be able to describe the fundamental concepts of computer architecture and how operating systems abstract access to the computer hardware.
- Students will be able to learn new computer science concepts and programming languages and present them both orally and in written form.
- Students will be able to analyze a given problem for potential ethical violations of the IEEE-CS/ACM Code of Ethics.