Nov 27, 2021
Curriculum Plan - Traditional Undergraduate Program
To be taken either fall or spring semester
The first six (6) Signature Learning Goals listed below must be taken the first four semesters. (See Signature Learning Pathways for a complete listing of applicable cognate courses.)
- Reading and Writing - UC 110 or ENGL 111
- Oral Communication - UC 120
- Ethics - UC 170
- Religion - UC 220 (UC 110 or ENGL 111 are pre-requisites)
- Cultural Pluralism - UC 270 (UC 170 is pre-requisite)
- Fine Arts - Includes: FMP 210 , ART 210 , TH 121 , MUSIC 210 , FRNCH 410 , SPAN 410 , etc.
The remaining Signature Learning requirements can be taken once the above goals have been completed:
- Humanities - UC 320 (UC 220 is pre-requisite)
- Global Systems - UC 370 (UC 270 is pre-requisite)
For a total of 32 - 34 credits at the end of the First Year.
Distribution of courses
Signature Learning Goals for Traditional Undergraduate Program
Reading and Writing, Oral Communication, Ethics, Fine Arts, Religion, Humanities, Cultural Pluralism, and Global Systems. Nursing majors are waived from Signature Learning Goals for Quantitative Reasoning, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences by virtue of content within the major.
- General Electives (5 - 6 credit hours) will be adjusted to meet the 124 required hours to graduate.
- Online courses in science need to be pre-approved.
- Science courses for transfer credit must include a lab component.
- Transfer student curriculum plans will vary depending on amount of transfer credit.
- ROTC students will be enrolled in Military Science classes each term.
The following describes both required and elective nursing courses offered.
I. Traditional Undergraduate BSN Program Courses