Department Chair - Johnson
Professors - Stadler, Reed, Federico
Associate Professors - Johnson
The mission of the Mathematics B.A. degree program is to prepare students for careers in various quantitative-related fields and/or for the pursuit of graduate study in mathematics or statistics by educating them on fundamental mathematical concepts and skills, teaching them to see mathematics as a universal language, and by introducing them to current technologies used in the field.
- Solve problems using standard operations on fundamental mathematical objects while showing the connection to the mathematical ideas and theories behind these operations.
- Formulate and analyze quantitative models to solve real world problems using mathematical and statistical techniques.
- Apply technology to solve mathematical problems and to analyze data.
- Communicate quantitative ideas both orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Identify, explain, and evaluate the ethical implications that arise from the quantitative models they develop and/or apply.