Faculty come from many departments including Business, Economics, History, Environmental Science, Modern Languages, and Political Science.
International Studies offers a multidisciplinary approach to understanding issues and regions in our increasingly globalized world. It is built upon the University mission of preparing individuals to be knowledgeable, independent, critical thinkers-educated for lives of leadership and service in an increasingly diverse society. It also builds upon the general education goal of global awareness, enabling students to demonstrate the interdependence of geographic, economic, political, social and cultural realities in the contemporary world.
International Studies Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of an International Studies degree at Capital University, students will be able to:
- Identify timely, evolving global concerns, while analyzing historic changes in the world.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in multi-cultural professional and civic endeavors.
- Apply basic linguistic skills in a second language to facilitate multi-cultural and multi-lingual interactions.
- Employ multi-disciplinary (including but not limited to Economics, history, Languages, Political Science and Sociology) approaches to careers and livelihoods grounded in an international context.
- Prepare engaged and altruistic leaders through active global citizenship.